Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Unexpected Blessings

I've decided that every evening, I'm going to take a moment and reflect on my day and come up with at least one positive thing that happened.  It doesn't have to be anything huge, just one little moment that brought pleasure.

For instance, I had two blessings today.


He's such a hoot!
  1. This morning, an owl was sitting on the end of the flag pole that's attached to the porch.  I grabbed my camera, but he flew off before I could snap a photo.  I'm assuming it's the same owl that was sitting on our porch railing last summer.  I'm sure he'll be back.  (I think it's a he.  I'm not sure how to tell with owls.)
  2. While I was out running this morning, several times I caught a whiff of some fragrant flowers.  Mmmmm.  They smelled so good.  A little blessing.

I need to take the time to notice these simple little pleasures in life.  God blesses me everyday, and most of the time, I miss it.  I want to live in the moment and take stock of the good things that are happening all around me.  

How were you blessed today?

No comments:

Post a Comment