Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dave

How appropriate that my son's birthday is on Mother's Day.  He was born at 7:41 a.m. on May 8, 1984.  He was probably my easiest labor as I had taken Castor Oil to induce contractions.  I had been to the doctor on the 7th, and she said I was ready to go.  I talked to her about the Castor Oil and she said that was fine.  I took it at 10:00 p.m. thinking it wouldn't start working until the following morning.  At 10:45, I started having mild contractions.  We got to the hospital around 4:00 a.m. and the resident told me to walk around because I looked too happy to be in labor.  At 7:00 a.m., my doctor came in, broke my water, and I had Dave 41 minutes later.  Not bad.

Dave at about 45 minutes old.

3 months - Isn't he the cutest?

First birthday--gotta love that cake.
He's still a Tiger's fan

Mackinaw Island--1990

Bedtime ritual of reading

Mother/Son Night at the elementary school.

Disney World with Grandpa and Grandma

My favorite school picture-4th grade.

Washington D.C., 1992 
In every picture on that trip, Dave was doing "the lean".

Skiing at Keystone with Dad and Uncle Rick

Maui, Christmas, 1999

Prom 2001
Big sister giving little brother a hug before he leaves to pick up his date.

May, 2002--Dave with buddies after last high school choir concert.
(The school mascot is the Sailors - hence, the reason for the uniforms.)

 June 2002, High school graduation

 Coast Guard - Stationed in Charleston, SC

 Dave's 24th Birthday at Disney World

May, 2009 - Dave's graduation from MSU

 Anne's Wedding - July 11, 2009

Dave and Danielle - Villanova Law School

Dave has been such a joy in our lives.  He has always been kind and thoughtful.  He has made our lives more fun just by being there.  Thanks for being you, Dave.  We love you and are so proud of you.  I wish you lived closer so we could celebrate with you.  Happy 27th Birthday, Honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment