Sunday, May 1, 2011

Keeps on Going and Going....


I'm not sure what has gotten into my husband, but he has been Mr. Fix-it this weekend.  I have had projects lined up for months and all of a sudden, he got a bee in his bonnet and has been like the Everready Battery bunny.

     Project #1 - Fixed the leaking toilet downstairs.
     Project #2 - Painted the planters.
Before 

After 
Project #3 - Hung hooks in my closet for my scarves.



 Project #4 - Restrung the shade in our bedroom.

The shade was like this all winter. 

A room with a view.
  
Project #4 needs some expounding.  For the past 17 years since we built this house, every time the strings on the shades in our bedroom have broken, my husband has had to get out the ladder and take the shade down.  Then I've had to bring it out to this elderly man (recommended by the window treatment store) to restring for about $75.  He has it for a couple of weeks, then I go pick it up and my husband rehangs it.  It's been a nuisance, as it happens fairly often because the shade is so heavy (it covers two windows).  One of the times the man restrung it, he informed me as I was picking it up, that he had cut the strings too short and I should bring it back for him to redo.  (Why did I need to bring it home only to bring it back?) Argh!
Fast forward to now:  The strings broke a number of months ago.  We've been living with the shade down all winter.  Last week, a thought occurred to me that there might be a tutorial on line.  (I'm sure you young whippersnappers are saying, "Duh.")  There was, of course.  So my husband went to the window treatment store and picked up the cord to restring the shade for the cost of $3.  We took the shade down, had it restrung and back up in less than an hour.  WooHoo!  Now, my husband can't wait to raise the shade in the morning, just to admire his handy work and feel manly.  (Maybe I will break the vacuum just enough so he can fix it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment