Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Grilled Salmon

We tried a new recipe that I found online.  It's from Joy Bauer, RD.  I cut it in half for just the two of us.  It's so good and there is no added fat.

24 ounces wild salmon, four 6-ounce steaks
1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
2 teaspoon mustard, Dijon
2 teaspoon tomato paste
1/2 lemon, juiced

Preparation

  1. Place the salmon steaks in a resealable plastic bag and set aside.
  2. Mix the soy sauce, orange juice, garlic, mustard, tomato paste, and lemon juice in a bowl and pour into the plastic bag.
  3. Seal and place the bag in the refrigerator and let marinate for 4-6 hours.
  4. When ready, place the salmon on a grill for approximately 5 minutes on each side (or longer for well done).  Discard the leftover marinade, or for extra flavor, lightly drizzle a few tablespoons on the salmon while grilling.


I have so many recipes that call for a small amount of tomato paste.  I hate throwing the rest of the can away.  So, I spoon the remaining tomato paste into an ice cube tray and place it in the freezer.  When frozen, I place in a ziplock freezer bag to use the next time I need tomato paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment