Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Summer Grilling

Today's Blessings:
  1. Six out of seven green lights on the way to work this morning
  2. My dad stopped in to see me at work and brought Starbucks.



I love grilling in the summer.  Not only does it taste great, it's healthier and there's less clean-up.  I tried this new pork tenderloin recipe and my husband and I both loved it.

Sesame-Garlic Pork Tenderloin

4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon dry sherry
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
3 green onions, sliced
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin

Combine all ingredients except pork in a plastic zip lock bag.  Add pork and marinate in refrigerator overnight.

Take pork out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.

Preheat grill.

Grill pork over medium-hot coals for 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads at least 160 degrees.

Remove pork from grill.  Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into medallions.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! This looks great. I like the addition of sesame oil in the recipe. Might try it this weekend, if it ever stops raining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. The sesame oil has a flavor like no other.

    ReplyDelete