Saturday, May 28, 2011

New Shopping Experience

Aldi--We've had this store in our town for quite some time, but I've never checked it out...until yesterday.  Thankfully, a friend had warned me about having to pay a quarter to use a shopping cart or I would've been totally confused.  (You get it back when you return the cart.)  Also, you need to bring your own bags or they charge you for theirs.  They have their own brand and then a few random national brands.  This is what I ended up with.


I paid $29.05 for all of this--a good deal.  I did a few taste tests.  The chocolate bar is 70% cocoa--too bitter for my taste--so I won't get that again.  The fake Oreos taste pretty good.  If you put it side by side with a real Oreo, the fake Oreo is a little smaller with less frosting and darker in color.  I was using these in a recipe, so I don't think it will be noticeable. The produce was much cheaper than the grocery store I normally use, so I will probably go back for that.  The ice cream was disappointing.  It's butter pecan but tastes like vanilla pecan.  Also, it's made with skim milk so it tastes like "ice milk", a product I haven't seen in years.  The milk is good (50 cents cheaper) and I will let you know about the wine when we try it.  All in all, I will go there again.

1 comment:

  1. These were all over Germany when I was there! Since I was on a budget, getting groceries here was ideal for me.

    ReplyDelete