Monday, May 23, 2011

Carmel Weekend

That's Carmel (with the emphasis on the first syllable), Indiana--not Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA.  My niece, Elise, is graduating from high school and the celebration was this weekend.

Elise made this adorable dress.  She is going into fashion design.

As it so happened, Sophie's (Elise's younger sister) LaCrosse game for the state championship was the same day.  (This is quite an honor for Sophie as she is a freshman playing on the Varsity team.)  I don't know a lot about LaCrosse, but it was very entertaining.  The team won big time.  We're so proud of Sophie.

Sophie (#39) going for the ball.

Final Score

Sophie (2nd from right) with a friend.


We picked up our daughter and son-in-law on the way and drove down together.  We had so much fun with the two of them. And it's always great to see extended family.  I love talking with my nieces and nephews and hearing their take on everything.  They have an interesting perspective.

 Anne and Jason

 My husband and me with my brother-in-law, Rick, and his father-in-law, George.
It was hot and humid, hence, a bad hair day.

We almost had a catastrophe.  When we were checking into our hotel Saturday evening, I realized I had forgotten the bag with all my toiletries.  Yikes!  Twenty years ago, this wouldn't have been that big of a deal.  But at 50+ years old, believe you me, this is a problem.  Thankfully, the hotel had a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and a comb.  My daughter let me use her make-up, and since I didn't have hair styling products, I decided not to wash my hair.  All was okay (not well).

No Pictures from Sunday    

No comments:

Post a Comment