Friday, April 8, 2011

Widow Weekend



Every year, I become a widow on the weekend of the Master's Golf Tournament. My husband plops down in front of the TV from morning until night. Not only does he watch the golf live, he then watches the recaps, interviews, projections for the next day, and on and on. With limited commercials, I'm surprised he doesn't put a commode in the family room, so he doesn't have to leave for bathroom breaks. Maybe he hasn't thought of it and I'm certainly not going to suggest it. He does occasionally get up and putt a few balls across the carpet, just to feel like he's part of the game. I can't wait until Sunday evening, when life returns to (our) normal.

1 comment:

  1. YES! Jason's been doing this exact same thing. He's currently out running, but the TV is on, tuned to... yep, the Masters. He's been watching pre-coverage this entire week, putting in front of the TV.

    Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete