Thursday, April 14, 2011

Incredible Pizza

I love pizza.  Everyone loves pizza.  I've never met a person who doesn't love pizza.  A friend gave me this recipe years ago and I never grow tired of it.  I use a pre-made pizza crust to make it easier.  (I've tried making my own and I can never get the crust to come out round and even.  It's always thicker in some spots and looks like an ameba.)  Earlier this week, I had a couple of the personal size pizza crusts in the freezer and some roma tomatoes I needed to use up, so pizza was on the menu.  This evokes yummy sounds every time.

Three Cheese and Pepper Pizza

Pizza crust (baked)
2 large green and/or red sweet peppers, chopped (2 cups)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 T. snipped parsley or 2 t. dried parsley
1 T. snipped fresh basil or 1 t. dried basil
3 medium plum tomatoes or 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced

To assemble pizza, top crust in this order:  sweet pepper, mozzarella, Parmesan, feta, parsley, basil, and tomatoes.  In a small bowl, combine oil and garlic.  Brush tomatoes with oil and garlic mixture.  Bake pizza in a 375 degree oven about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and the pizza is heated through.  Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.  6 servings.


I would've had more pictures, but my daughter called during the assembly period (just after the green pepper stage) and I forgot to take more until it came out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment