Saturday, April 16, 2011

Quickest Pasta Ever!


Last night I got home from work around 6:00 and dinner was ready by 6:20.  I discovered a new recipe that literally takes fifteen minutes to make if you use prepared items.   You can use whatever kind of pasta you prefer.  I used angel hair.  I cooked it in my Fasta Pasta device.  It took seven minutes in the microwave.
I used prepared pesto from a jar.  Next time, I think I'll pick up fresh prepared from Sam's Club.



Also, since we don't live on the coast, I used frozen, cooked shrimp that I thawed.

I had cut up my Romaine the day before, so the Caesar Salad took seconds to throw together. I apologize for not taking any pictures.  I was starving and not thinking about a photo-op.  My husband gave this recipe a two thumbs up.

Shrimp and Pesto

8 oz. pasta
1 cup fresh or prepared pesto
1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
14 oz canned chopped tomatoes (add more if you like a lot of tomatoes)
Salt to taste

Prepare pasta according to package directions.  While pasta cooks, prepare sauce.
In a skillet, warm pesto.  Add shrimp and tomatoes, cooking quickly to heat through.
Drain pasta well.  Add to shrimp mixture and toss to blend.
Top with Parmesan cheese.

Serves 4



No comments:

Post a Comment