Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Exercise



Yesterday, my husband and I decided to go for a short trek through the woods on our snowshoes. We are blessed to have a wooded area across the street, so all we have to do is strap on the snowshoes and go. (Our driveway is at the mailbox in the background.)

My husband putting his snowshoes on.

It doesn't take long to get your heart rate in the "zone", especially if the snow is deep and you're breaking trail. Also, I'd forgotten how much snowshoeing works your glutes. I definitely felt the burn. (Maybe I'm just getting old and anything would feel like it's working my glutes.) At any rate, it was great to get out in the fresh air and sunshine (a rarity in West Michigan in the winter). I find the winter goes so much faster if I participate in outdoor sports. Here's to January being half over.

No comments:

Post a Comment