Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Step Lasagna


I love this lasagna recipe. You don't have to cook the noodles separately, so it only takes a few minutes to throw together.

One Step Lasagna

1 jar spaghetti sauce, 32 oz.
8 oz. lasagna noodles, uncooked
16 oz. cottage cheese
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 egg
12 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
1 c. water
Combine cottage cheese, spinach, and egg.

Spread about 1 cup sauce in 9 x 13 inch baking dish.

Layer 1/3 each: noodles, cottage cheese mixture, mozzarella, and spaghetti sauce. Repeat twice.
Pour in water around sides of pan.

Cover tightly with foil and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more, or until noodles are tender. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy, Side of pan, do you mean a water bath where the lasagna pan sits in another pan of water? Or pour the water directly into the ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pour the water directly into the pan of ingredients. I assume it gives the noodles the moisture they need to cook. I hope you like it. We have most of the pan left over, since it's only my husband and me at home. I'm going to try freezing individual pieces so we don't have to have lasagna every night for the next week. I'll let you know how they come out.

    ReplyDelete