Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cross Country Skiing



Last week, we had a few days with temps in the 50's, and all the snow was gone. Over the past two days we've had "Lake Effect Snow Warnings" and maybe 10 inches of snow. Officially, the warning goes until 7 a.m. tomorrow. We were supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow today. But, alas, the weatherman was wrong. We had bright blue skies. It was a great day to dust off the skis and head to the state park.

We are so blessed to have a beautiful state park five minutes from our home. I called our friends, Jim and Jayne, and we headed out to enjoy a trek through the woods.
My legs felt a little wobbly on the first few hills. Of course, after you fall once, you're much more relaxed, because you've (hopefully) gotten it out of the way. Jim had a mishap on one of the bigger hills. He ended up taking off his skis and walking the rest of the way.
It's always so invigorating to get outside and get a good workout in while having fun. I hope my husband and I are still skiing when we're 90.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Also, I think we ended up getting the snow that was meant for you. We're getting dumped on down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about that when I saw the weather report. How much snow did you get, Sweetie?

    ReplyDelete