Sunday, January 9, 2011

January Doldrums


Family Room Bookcases
Years ago, my mother-in-law gave me a nugget of wisdom that I have taken to heart ever since. She always planned some kind of project so she would have something to look forward to in January. With the holidays over and winter just starting, January could be a bit depressing. So she would recover a chair, or sew new curtains. Since I'm not as talented as her in the sewing department, I've decided to do house projects. Last year, I tackled the storage room in January. This year, I'm going to pick a smaller project each week.
Living Room Bookcases

Goal for this week: Dust all the books and bookcases in the house and get rid of books that are obsolete. For instance, "Italy 2002" is most likely outdated and can be tossed. Also, I still have textbooks from college (circa 1970's) that have more dust than relevant facts. I'm going to try a helpful hint from Good Housekeeping and use a hair dryer on the cool setting to blow the dust off the tops of books. I already have the ladder out and will start in earnest tomorrow.
Study Bookcases

No comments:

Post a Comment