Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wish I Wanted to be a Yogi





I have joined more Yoga classes than there are stars in the sky (well...that might be a slight hyperbole). The longest I've lasted is six weeks, only because I went with a friend. I want to like Yoga. I know it's good for your strength, flexibility, peace of mind, etc., but the truth of it is, I find it totally boring. Everyone is so quiet when I want to socialize. Also, my flexibility stinks. Everyone sits cross legged for what seems like hours and I'm dying trying to hold the position for five minutes. Last fall, my friend invited me to go to (yet another) yoga class--beginning yoga. I said yes, only because I rarely get to see her, and I thought this would be a great time to "catch up". WRONG! Everything was "hush, hush". (There is only so much I can say with facial expressions.) Then there is the problem of what to wear. I don't look good in form fitting clothes. Every week I agonized over my outfit. And the whole "aura" thing with the room I found rather strange. You couldn't wear your shoes in or bring your purse with you. Those things had to stay someplace else. Actually, of all the Yoga classes I have taken, this one was probably my favorite. I actually attended most of the classes. I thought I was getting pretty good at it until at the end of the session, the instructor gently told me I needed to repeat beginning yoga. Bummer! I think I'll stick with Zumba.

1 comment:

  1. I found a PiYo class (combination of pilates and yoga) at my previous gym. I thought it would be great for the pilates and found that I like the Yoga parts better. It was less of the Yoga spiritual stuff, quick moving poses, challenging poses, balance. I love the stress relief of Yoga, something about the deep breathing to calm me down!

    ReplyDelete