Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I wish I was Italian



I came upon a new pasta recipe that elicits yummy sounds from my husband. Not only is it tasty, it's healthy, too. I made a few changes to it and the result is as follows:

Ravioli with Tomatoes, White Beans, and Spinach

1 9 ounce package fresh whole wheat four cheese ravioli or tortellini
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
1 15 ounce can navy or cannellini beans
1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon red pepper
6 cups chopped fresh spinach
1/4 reserved pasta water
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. Heat olive oil in large saute pan. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add beans, tomatoes, basil, oregano, and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in spinach. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.


Stir in pasta and 1/4 water; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.




1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this! And since our oven is not heating up at the moment, I can only use the stove top. It looks like we are going to be getting a new oven...

    ReplyDelete