Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fifty Something and Blogging

A few months ago, a friend was talking about following someone's blog and I thought to myself, "Why would you want to do that?" I really didn't even know what a blog was. It sounded like someone's journal and why would I waste time reading their random thoughts? Now, after some encouragement from my youngest daughter, here I am. I will soon be turning 53 years old (can it truly be?) and am having trouble reconciling that number with how I feel. In my mind, I'm still in my twenty's. I feel great! However, I am noticing some subtle differences in my body. For instance, I can no longer take off and run six miles without warming up and stretching first. My running times are increasing for the same distance, even though I feel like I'm really pushing it. If I do a really long run, I have to cross train the next day. Five to ten years ago, this wasn't the case. But it's okay. I'm healthy and I will continue to work out to give myself the best chance of maintaining that health. And I am going to blog about it. Who woulda thunk?

2 comments:

  1. I hope I still feel like I'm in my twenties when I'm in my fifties. You rock, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know!!! you're in better shape than most everyone i know <3 love you mom!!

    ReplyDelete