Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome Spring

There's nothing like springtime in West Michigan. On the second full day of spring, we had a winter storm warning posted by the National Weather Service. It turned out to be a non-event. We had some freezing rain, but the roads were fine. However, on Wednesday morning, when I backed out of the garage and into the turn around, I found a huge branch blocking the driveway. Since I was running a little late for work, this was not good. I pulled out my cell phone to call my husband (who was sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast) to come out and move it for me. I then remembered that the cable was out, which means our phones were also out. I tried his cell phone, but that was turned off. I could have rung the doorbell, but I decided I'd just move it myself. As I got out of the car, all the deer in the yard, which I hadn't noticed, scattered. The limb wasn't as heavy as it looked, and I had it cleared in less than a minute.



(So much for my New Year's resolution of being on time, and I was doing pretty well.) I was finally on my way. (The pictures were taken after work, otherwise I probably would have been fired.)

Thankfully, we weren't very busy at work. The weather people had everyone scared and they stayed home. Either that or they were having a party somewhere and I wasn't invited.

1 comment: