Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Skinny on Spray Butter


I'm always trying to cut a few calories where ever I can, so when "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" came out with their zero calorie spray version, I was ecstatic.  But I've always wondered how it can have zero calories, zero fat, zero carbohydrates, basically zero everything, and taste so good.

The truth of the matter is this:  There are over 700 calories in one bottle!  So when I take the top off and pour the "butter" on my vegetables, I'm getting much more than I bargained for.  How is this so when the bottle says zero calories?  Legally, they can list it as zero calories if there are less than five calories in a serving.  (A serving size is 5 sprays, as if anyone uses only 5 sprays.)

Sigh!  Ignorance was bliss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment