Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tempting Tables

Tempting Tables is an event that is held in our community to raise money for breast cancer research.  Volunteers decorate tables with different themes and there are also personal collections on display.  My mom and I went to it this afternoon, and here are a few "tablescapes" that we saw.


Irish Eyes Are Smiling
The Children's Table


The Irish Adults' Table.
My mother-in-law would love this.  Her parents emigrated from Ireland.


This table had a rooster theme.  


The volunteers for this table made unique looking chargers
 and votives using decoupage.


The Twelve Days of Christmas


The Seventh Day of Christmas - Seven Swans a Swimming


This table was decorated for a garden tea.


"Shabby Chic Champagne Brunch For Two"


This pottery is made in Ada, MI.  


Kentucky Derby
The jockey silks were on loan from Churchill Downs.


This was a cute little gingerbread theme.


Alice in Wonderland
Alice is a little grumpy looking.


Mad Hatter's Teapot


Apparently, four best friends got married together, and 
this was a replica from the reception of the head table.



This china is from 1900 when the volunteer's grandparent's got married.


A decorated ostrich egg.


This is a collection of Hermes scarves.


I was so tempted to try one on.


Lunchbox Collection
I loved watching Lassie as a child.
Lassie was so much smarter than my dog.


This collector has over 400 different Twas the Night before Christmas books.

 Since they only have 33 tables each year, there is a waiting list to decorate a table.  There are so many creative people around and I'm not one of them.  This always gives me some good ideas for setting the table.  

Of course, I could do what my friend's sister, Libby, did when she was a little girl.  She asked her mother what those "napkins" in the bathroom were for.  Her mother answered, "Those are special napkins for special occasions."  So when Libby had to set the table that evening, she decided it was a special occasion and used the special napkins.

2 comments:

  1. What a great fundraiser! May I ask how much they charge to attend?

    P.S. I LOVE your blog, even though I'm WAY over fifty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a Patron's night the day before it starts, which is $50. Otherwise, general admission is $15. They have cookies and punch, as well as local people playing the piano. They ask a couple of piano teachers to have their students play. Some are incredibly talented and some are beginners. It adds a nice touch while viewing all the tables.

    P.S. Thanks for your encouragement on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete