Thursday, June 30, 2011

Going Green: Part 2

This year I decided to try New Guinea impatiens in my pots on the front porch.  I planted them around the 1st of June and they were starting to grow really well.  They had blossoms and were filling out---up until a couple of weeks ago.  Enter Mr. Greenjeans.

My husband read somewhere that putting coffee grounds on plants was a great way to fertilize them.  Ever since then, he hasn't thrown away one single ground.  As soon as he pulls the grounds out of the coffee maker, he rushes outside to work his magic.  Now I had heard of using them on roses, but I wasn't sure about using them on everything.  Well, I'm sure you can tell where this story is going.  The impatiens are dying.  First, it was just one pot.  So we switched their positions thinking one was getting more sun.  Now they both are looking droopy.

Pot #1

 Pot #2 just starting to fade

Maybe impatiens like decaf.  I'll suggest it to my head gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment