Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Scream, You Scream

This recipe is the best ice cream dessert I've ever had.  I got it from my mom, who got it from her mom.  It's easy to make and tastes great.  (My son-in-law gets excited when he sees this in the freezer.)

Butterpecan Sundae Pie

Crust:
18 Oreo cookies, crushed
1/3 c. butter, melted

1/2 gallon butterpecan ice cream

Topping:
2 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk

Mix crushed cookies and butter.  Press into a 9 x 13 in pan.  Chill for 2 hours.
Let ice cream soften slightly.  Press into pan on top of Oreo crust.




For topping, melt chocolate and butter in double boiler.  Add sugar and milk.  Cook until thick.  Let cool.  Spread topping on top of ice cream layer.  Freeze until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment