Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Daughter's First

As a mom, we get to witness our children's first everything---first breath, first tooth, first steps---and now first race.  This morning, my daughter Anne and I ran a 5k race.  I'm so proud of her.  Here are some of the pictures:

Ready for the race.
Can someone please tell me why one of my potted plants is growing
and the other is dying a slow death?

 We ran into Anne's preschool friend, Brooke and her fiance, Chris.
They are getting married later today.

 Lining up at the back of the pack

 Feeling optimistic

 On your mark....

Dental Hygienists 
I knew I should have flossed.

You go girl! 

The Hill
It smells like garlic bread as you run by Coles bakery. 

My son-in-law ran ahead to get action shots. 

 Someone at the front must be speeding.

Still Happy 

The feeling has changed.

 The "hare" passes us for the umpteenth time.

The tortoises pass the hare. 

There he goes again. 

We're back. 

 Yay Annie!

There he goes yet again. 

View of Muskegon Lake 

This is where we left him in our slow-rising dust. 

One of the many sprinklers the residents put out. 

I can't go anywhere without running into one of my patients. 

My Aunt Carolyn and cousin Kent 

Aaah, the finish line. 

We did it! 

The hare finished the race. 

 Sweet Reward

I think Anne just got bit by the running bug.  Next year, we're doing the 15k.  

1 comment: