Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Roadkill

Today's Workout:
       25 minutes Strength Training - Upper body only.
       Push-up update: Five sets - 71 total
       Ran 6.3 miles   Time: 65 minutes, 41 seconds, including photo-ops

Perfect running weather today - 70 degrees, winds E @ 16 mph

I took pictures so you could see the difference in foliage (from my running post in April) now that it's summer.  Amazingly, there wasn't a lot of roadkill today.  I did see a dead crow, which was a first.  He obviously never heard the saying, "You are what you eat."  He must have been a glutton and couldn't pull himself away from the roadkill table.  He met his demise.

This poor squirrel has seen better days.

I had a few obstacles today - the people who decided to sprinkle the road and the road construction guys.



I was surprised the golden retriever on my route wasn't out in the driveway.  He's always there.  I'm a little worried about him.


 My favorite house.

 I love the guest house.

My least favorite portion of my running route is "Grasshopper Alley" (my term for it).  This used to be a corn field but now it's a condominium complex.  During the dog days of summer, grasshoppers sun themselves on the sidewalk and as I run by, they jump up and hit my legs.  It's really annoying.

 Grasshopper Alley

 The fire station

 School must be out for the summer.  The young anglers are out.

 This fat little squirrel decided to have a picnic today.

My neighbor's gorgeous clematis.

Favorite songs on my playlist today:

     David Crowder Band - Everything Glorious
     Genesis - Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
     Genesis - That's All
     Mercy Me - All of Creation



No comments:

Post a Comment