Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fun Day Off



Tuesday is my day off from work, so it's usually a day to run errands and get a few things done around the house. Today, however, my friend Jayne and I decided to go skiing. I figure at my age, I need to do it at least once a year so I don't forget my skills (or lack thereof).

Michigan has a number of ski "resorts". We decided to ski Caberfae Peaks, a hill, I mean, a resort about 2 hours away. A couple of people had recommended it because it has longer runs. The one and only time I skied Caberfae was when I was about eight years old. It was my first time skiing and my mother was my instructor. (My mother had been skiing only once prior to her stint as my teacher.) She skied behind me calling out, "Snow plow....snow plow," all the way down the hill.

Jayne and I arrived at the resort around 11:15 a.m. The sun was shining and it was going to be a great day. By the time we got our gear on, purchased our tickets, and browsed at the Ski Shop, we didn't hit the slopes until close to noon. We did two runs and decided it was time for lunch. We needed to fuel up before we got down to some hard core skiing.

By 3:30 p.m., we had skied every run at least three times and headed to the car. Neither of us had fallen or bruised or broken anything and we didn't want to push our luck. We were safely home by 5:45, just in time to make dinner for our hubbies. Fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment