Friday, February 4, 2011

Courses

Friday is always a long day at work. I'm up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready for work. (I'm not sure why it takes me an hour to shower and beautify on Fridays, when every other day it takes less than 45 minutes, but that's just the way it is.) I arrive at work by (hopefully) 6:45 and never sit down until lunch. The afternoon is similar to the morning, so by 5:30, I really don't feel like going home and cooking. All this is to say my husband and I go out to dinner on Friday nights. I usually meet him someplace on my way home. Tonight it was the restaurant "Courses".


Our small town has a culinary institute and the students staff a great restaurant. The prices are unbeatable. Tonight, I had salmon with quinoa and pico de gallo. It had an ancho chile butter (that I opted to omit since I don't do heat). They have homemade rolls (tonight's choices were garlic and basil, or herb) and great salads (I had spinach with chevre, pears, and dried cherries). My salmon entree was...are you ready?...$9. The mocha cheesecake we had for dessert was only $3. The waiters are all learning, but they do a wonderful job. It's especially fun to talk to them about their dreams and aspirations. It almost makes we want to enroll in the program. Maybe I could be the next Julia Child--umm, not possible. Besides, how on earth do they keep those tall hats on their heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment