Thursday, September 29, 2011

Motivation

Workout:  Ran 6.2 miles

We've had the longest stretch of cloudy, rainy weather here in West Michigan.
The forecast for today: Rain with SW wind at 20-30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
Definitely an indoor workout day.
I was all set to do strength training and workout on the elliptical when the sun came out.  I checked the Weather Channel and the temperature was 64 degrees with winds at only 6 mph.  I decided to run.

There are days that I like to push myself and days that I don't.  Today was the latter so I didn't wear a watch. I wanted a more relaxing workout.  So, off I went.  I enjoyed about 15 minutes of sunshine and then the clouds moved in.  About one mile from home, it started to sprinkle.  Drats!  So much for a relaxing run.  Rain is definitely a motivator to pick up the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment