Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy 25th, Katie!


Today is my baby's 25th birthday.  For those of you wondering, I was 10 years old when I had her.  Well, that obviously isn't true or this blog would be called, "Feeling Fab After Thirty."  It was a Saturday and all throughout my labor, the Michigan football game was on.  (Maybe this was a foreshadowing of her college choice.)  I was competing with that for my husband's attention.  For the most part, the Wolverines won out.  She was born at 4:25 p.m.  What a great addition to our family!  Here are a few pictures chronicling her life.
 
September 27, 1986
Annie was so excited to have a little sister.

7 Months Old 
 I had a perpetual burp cloth on my shoulder 
for the first year of her life.

 Two Years Old
Gotta love that smile!

Christmas Morning

Three Years Old

Hmm.  I wonder why they never dress alike anymore.

Great America, 1990

Katie's dress-up phase - pretending to be
a cheerleading Laura Ingalls Wilder 

 Katie and Best Friend, Molly
First Day of Preschool

Katie's YFCA I.D.
She looks like the poster child for abused children.
She had the remnants of a black eye
from standing too close to her brother while he was swinging a bat.

 Disney World with Grandpa and Grandma
Katie coerced Grandpa into carrying her most of that trip.

Colonial Williamsburg (she loved that hat).
After seeing Disney's version of Pocahontas, 
they were quite disappointed with the real deal.

Skiing in Vail

Katie and Sarah at a gymnastics meet.
She never complained about the "rips" she would get
on her palms from the uneven bars.

 Rock climbing at Smith Rock in Oregon

Sailing/Snorkeling trip off the coast of Maui.
Katie was the only brave one to swim in the 
Seven Sacred Pools near Hana. 

Katie and Regis

Katie (next to the guitar player) got to sing at the White House.

 Moving into the dorms at U of M

 Who knew that it was Katie and her brother, Dave,
in Star Wars, not Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford?

 Graduation from U of M
It was the only year they didn't have the ceremony
in the Big House (due to construction).

 Katie and Dad in the Boston Commons

I wish Boston was a little closer to home.  We don't see Katie as much as we would like (everyday would be my preference).  Knowing she's happy makes it a little easier.  I love you Scoots.  Have a wonderful day.

1 comment: