Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Indiana State Fair - Cake War

When it comes to cakes, I'm easily impressed.  I can't even make a layer cake.  No matter how hard I try, my layers always come out lopsided.  So, suffice it to say, I was totally blown out of the water by the cakes at the fair.  They  were so amazing it's hard to believe they were truly made out of cake.  It's a good thing they were behind glass, or I would have stuck my finger in the frosting just to make sure.

 What a cute idea for a baby shower.

 What Dad wouldn't love this for Father's Day?

 These look like you could put your head on them 
and go to sleep.

 I'm still not sure this is really cake.

 I love that purse.

 How did they get that frosting to look like melted cheese?

Anyone up for a picnic?

This has inspired me to sign up for a cake decorating class.  My expectations are low.  I just want to make a cake that doesn't have crumbs in the frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment