Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Fried

Food is one of the highlights at the Indiana State Fair.  You can actually get something from all of the major food groups--meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables, and breads.  So let's see how we fared.

My sister-in-law, Laura making a beeline for a tenderloin sandwich.

As I was looking at these pictures afterwards, 
it occurred to me that it doesn't say what kind of tenderloin.  
I assumed it was pork, but now I'm not sure. 

We split it three ways. 
We got our meat, bread and vegetable (the pickle) here.

Laura loves cream horns. 

The aftermath--powered sugar everywhere. 

Annie decided on butter dipped corn on the cob.  
Another vegetable checked off the list. 

Nothing says dairy like Wisconsin cheese.

Aah...deep fried cheese sticks.

We didn't actually get these potatoes, 
but they're on my list for next year.
This woman muttered, "Oh my," with every bite.  

 More vegetables

 Did I mention chocolate is a food group?
I'm still curious about the deep fried butter and Kool-aid.

 Annie and I split a deep fried Snickers.

 It's warm and gooey on the inside.

 The peanuts in Snickers count as protein.

I'm not sure how they deep fry mac and cheese.  
We were looking for deep fried Tums at this point. 

I can't wait to see what they come up with for next year.

To round out my diet, I added a little fruit with a Pineapple Whip.
It's basically a soft serve cone with pineapple juice.  
Naturally, I didn't get the jumbo size.
I figured I'd better cut back.

1 comment: