Wednesday, January 11, 2012

You Know It's A Bad Day When...


Have you ever had one of those days when you have to ask, "Okay, Lord, what are you trying to teach me?"  Today was one of those days.

  1. I was behind a slow car on my way to work.  I noticed this car had a bulldog on it's license plate (as if that doesn't tell you something.....actually, I'm not sure what it tells you, except that they were slow).  I decided to take my "shortcut".   (I whipped down some side streets to avoid a couple of busy intersections.)  I turned onto the main road and who did I end up behind?  You guessed it--the bulldog car.
  2. While taking a patient's blood pressure after class, he stated that he felt a little dizzy.  I got him over to the recliner we use for just these types of situations and he said he felt nauseated.  I quickly got him the nearest garbage can I could find and was just in time.  After getting him all set, I did a quick scan of my clothing and thought I had escaped unscathed.  When I got outside a little later, I saw the light of day.  I had yellow-green spots on my white cords that looked a lot like bile.
  3. I stopped at the store to pick up some groceries.  While in the checkout line, I noticed the man behind me only had a gallon of milk.  I motioned for him to go ahead of me.  A minute later, some woman with a number of items barged in and said she was with him.  And to make matters worse, they paid separately.  Then, he struggled with the debit card process and she dropped her money.  Aargh.
  4. I was just about to pull into a parking spot at the mall when a car did a pull through and took the spot.  Actually, she apologized when we both got out of our cars.  We laughed together about it.
So, I decided I must need a little more patience and today helped to develop it.  

As it turned out, we had record setting temperatures today.  I actually had my sunroof open on January 11th in Michigan.  The sky was bright blue and that is enough to make anyone have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment