Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Directions

I was getting ready to hop in the shower the other morning when I noticed the bar of soap was almost gone. As I grabbed a new one, something on the wrapper caught my eye.  Prior to this, I had never actually noticed the packaging on soap before.  But now, the word "drug"  stood out, even without my reading glasses.

Hmm, soap has drugs in it?  Sure enough--the antibacterial agents.  Not only that, the wrapper has directions for use.  Really?  Someone needs directions to know how to use soap?  I couldn't believe it, but there they were.  "Wet bar with water....."


As I chuckled to myself, I had to wonder what else has directions.  Sure enough--deodorant.  "Apply to underarms only."  Where else would you apply it?


Lotion...I love how they tell you to use it often...so then you'll need to buy more.


These companies must think we're idiots.  Either that, or it's the same idea behind McDonald's putting "Caution:  Contents may be hot" on their coffee cups.

2 comments:

  1. It's like the guy at an advertising agency back in the day who came up with the idea to put "repeat" at the end of the "wash, rinse" directions on a bottle of shampoo (true story!). I read that shampoo sales doubled after that, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believed that one. I remember hearing that the first time you shampooed, you loosened the dirt and the second time washed it away.

    ReplyDelete