Saturday, January 21, 2012

Breakfast Wrap

On days that I work, I like to have a hearty, well-balanced breakfast (carbs, protein, and a little fat).  Since we have back to back classes from 7-12, we don't get a break.  Breakfast needs to hold us for almost 6 hours.  Well, actually, we do have some snack food tucked away under our work area--pretzels, almonds, and food gifts our patients bring in to us.  We are never starving.

These wraps only have 90 calories but pack a whopping 13 g. of fiber.

Yesterday, I opted for scrambled egg whites with veggies rolled into a wrap.  I love the combo of tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach.  (Since I'm usually in a hurry in the morning, I separate the eggs, slice the mushrooms and cut up the tomatoes the night before.)  I saute the mushroom and tomatoes in a pan coated with cooking spray until softened.

I apologize that this is blurry.  It looked fine at 5:45 a.m.

I then add spinach (frozen if I don't have fresh on hand), the egg whites and once it's all cooked, I add a tablespoon of feta cheese.  Yum!  It's so good.  With a little fresh fruit on the side, it's a perfect breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. I love the container of egg whites... just pour and go. The only problem is it only last one week from opening but if having egg whites every morning you'll usually use it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim. I didn't know you could buy a carton of egg whites. I'll have to check it out. Egg Beaters just don't cut it.

    ReplyDelete