Monday, December 13, 2010

Autumn Recipe


My co-worker, Kay, gave me this tasty recipe today. I decided to have it tonight, but since I didn't have parsnips on hand (does anyone have parsnips on hand?), I substituted with carrots. My husband tolerated it (no yummy sounds on this one), but I really liked it. Kay didn't give me a name for it, so I gave it my own. (I thought if I mentioned the apples first, more people might try it.) So here it is:

Baked Apples and Autumn Vegetables

2 Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
2 Parsnips, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
1 T. Olive oil
1 T. Honey
2 T. Soy sauce
1/2 t. ginger

Cut up vegetables and place in a large baking dish.
Microwave honey and oil for ~20 seconds and mix well. Add soy sauce and ginger. Mix and pour over vegetables. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

A word of warning: Don't eat orange vegetables too often. Our dietician at work was eating squash and sweet potatoes everyday and as a result, her skin started to turn orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment