Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What a Hoot!


Saturday morning, my husband called to me from the study to come see something. He often does this and I'm not always impressed. It's usually something on the computer, like lions chasing down a baby cape buffalo and then an alligator nabbing one of the lions. But I have to say, this time I was awed.
Outside our window was an owl sitting plainly visible in a tree. At one point, he (I think it was a he) was sitting on the porch railing. He was there most of the morning. His neck mobility was amazing. (That's something I need to work on.) A few times he swooped down, but I didn't see if he caught anything (hmmm, strangely reminiscent of the lion video). I was so glad my husband shared it with me. Next time he calls for me to come see something, I'll more come eagerly.

No comments:

Post a Comment