Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sweet Dreams



Last year, we decided to get a king size bed after 27 years of sleeping on a queen. (I love it. I'm no longer kept awake when my husband tosses and turns, although he's a little far away to nudge when he's snoring.) We briefly considered getting a tempur-pedic mattress, but the price kept us away. So we opted for a traditional mattress. It's been okay, but nothing to write home about.

I noticed several months ago that you can get a memory foam mattress topper for under $200. After reading some reviews online, I decided we had to have one. (I haven't slept well since I made that decision.) I finally picked one up this weekend. It is heaven. When you first lie down, you sink into the mattress. The first night, I slept like a dead man. I remember hitting the snooze button once, but apparently I turned it off three times. I don't seem to move all night long.

If I had been sleeping this well for the past 30 years, who knows what incredible things I might have achieved. Maybe I would have been the one to invent the internet.

Or better yet, Velcro.

3 comments:

  1. "That's what you need. One really good idea. I had an idea once. It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on the memory foam mattress pad. i may get one for our sleeping porch which just has an old futon and maybe for in the house. We have bought simmons beauty rest mattresses the last couple of times for out in the house bed(bowling ball dropped doesn't upset the wine glass in commercials). I highly recommend them. My dh levitates, flips over in mid air, then crashes down on the bed. I don't feel a even notice with these mattresses. I just wish they were still reversable. Only one "top" side now.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just bought a new mattress after oh 20 years or so, and I love the tip you gave, think I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete