Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Roasted Red Peppers







My husband and I both love red bell peppers. They are normally a little pricey, but they were on sale this week for $1/each, a third of their normal price. I had fresh oregano on my patio,
so I decided to make one of our favorite summer recipes--Savory Roasted Peppers.

If you have never roasted sweet bell peppers, it's very easy. First, cut the pepper into quarters. Place them skin side up on a baking sheet.

Broil for 6-8 minutes, or until skin is blackened. (You can also place them skin side down on the grill and cook until skin is blackened.)

Remove from broiler and place in a paper bag for 10 minutes. Remove skin from peppers.
At this point, you can use them in any recipe.
For the Savory Roasted Peppers, whisk together the following:

3 T. Soy sauce
2 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. olive oil
1 T. finely chopped fresh oregano
1 large clove garlic, minced

Add peppers to soy sauce mixture and marinate 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. To serve, sprinkle peppers with feta cheese.
Every time I serve these, my husband tells me, "I really like this recipe." Never fails!

No comments:

Post a Comment