Thursday, June 3, 2010

The American Gardener



Okay, so I'm not really a gardener. I have some patio plants. I love to grow basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, rosemary, and this year, I've added two tomato plants. There is nothing like fresh herbs in recipes. For the past few years, I've added any extra herbs to a container of kosher salt. As the herbs dry out, they season the salt and I use it in all my recipes. I've also scooped it into cute little jars and given it to family and friends for Christmas. (My sister-in-law returned the jar for a refill.) They make great gifts. I usually plant more basil as the summer wears on. That way I can keep it going well into fall. Recipes with the fresh herbs will follow in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. I still have my seasoned salt, probably should refill it with some fresh. Great idea though!! I like the idea of growing them in that rack type of thing you have.

    ReplyDelete