Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Weekend in Philadelphia




We just got back from a great weekend in Philadelphia visiting our son, Dave. He just finished his first year of law school and now has time for company. Our daughter, Katie, took the bus down from Boston, so we got to see two of our three children.
The great thing about city living is all the walking you end up doing. I wore my trusty pedometer everyday, even though my family made fun of me. (One of the kids asked why I didn't march in place to get a few extra steps in, when we happened to be standing still for a few minutes.) We did, however, walked over 22,000 steps in one day alone. That's over eleven miles (and my husband complained every step of the way). Living in the city makes walking part of life instead of having to eke out time to walk. Also, Philadelphia has a great walking/biking trail along the Schuylkill River. I wanted to rent bikes and ride it, but we ran out of time. It's something to look forward to next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment