Saturday, May 8, 2010

Birthdays



Twenty six years ago today, my husband and I welcomed our first and only son into the world. It was a relatively easy labor (only 40 minutes were difficult). I had taken Castor Oil to induce contractions (with the permission of my doctor--she was going out of town and I wanted her to deliver my baby). I took the Castor Oil at 10:00 p.m. and started having contractions 45 minutes later. They were fairly mild until my doctor broke my water at 7:00 a.m. Dave was born at 7:41. When our 14 month old daughter, Annie, saw Dave for the first time, she pushed on his nose and said "beep". Thankfully, he doesn't remember that. Even though it's Dave's birthday today, I always celebrate the day, too. As a mother, I always remember all the details of my children's birthdays. It's such a special memory. Happy 26th Birthday, Dave. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment