I've lived in apartments before, but I'd forgotten what it was like. My memory has been refreshed.
Positives of Apartment Living
- Decent workout facility
- Pool that I don't have to maintain
- Takes only thirty minutes to clean apartment from stem to stern
- Valet garbage (set it outside the door and someone picks it up)
- Have met a lot of interesting people
Negatives of Apartment Living
- "Future Residents" parking spaces are normal size, but residents parking spaces leave no room to open the car door to get out.
- Shrek lives above us and constantly
stompspaces back and forth.
- I can hear the guy in the bathroom next to us retching in the morning--is he getting chemotherapy or does he party a little too heartily?
- The flowery smell in the hallway used to mask the garbage center smell is nauseating. (Maybe that's my neighbor's problem.)
- We are on the bottom floor (street level is the third floor) and have to go outside to get cell phone reception.
- We have four doors and a gate to go through to get from the parking garage to the apartment--a definite challenge when hands are full.
- Weekend nights are loud with all the young residents.
I'm counting the hours until we get into the house.