Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Recap

After all the preparation, it's hard to believe the holidays are almost over.  Our two younger children have come and gone and our oldest daughter and son-in-law have just left to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends in Grand Rapids.  My husband is napping and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.


The past week has been a whirlwind.  It was great having the kids home. Here are a few pictures of our holiday.


Annie opening the last door on the advent calendar.  
It's always a race to see who can get there first on Christmas morning.

 Katie opening a gift while Peter (her boyfriend) looks on.
It was great to finally meet him.

Annie and husband Jason admiring her Nook.

 My sister-in-law with her sweet grand daughter, Makinley.

 The dinner table.

 Do we really have to take another picture?

 Katie and Peter just before leaving for the airport.
We obviously had a green Christmas.

 We met up with Dave's girlfriend and her parents in East Lansing
the day after Christmas.

We had my extended family over on the 27th.
My niece's little boy, George, Jr.

 My nephew's daughter, Makinley.

 My other nephew's little girl, Ava.

My nephew's wife, Amy and their little guy, Ryan.

I love spending time with my family at Christmas.  It's truly what makes the holiday so special.  
Happy New Year to everyone.  May it be filled with blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I found your blog thru your daughter's blog and I love reading it. You are a great blogger. Please let Anne know I miss reading hers, I can no longer see it. Have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erica. You're so sweet. I'll let Anne know. I miss her blog, too. She got tired of it and closed it down. Such a shame. I get such a kick out of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to see these pics!!! Sorry we missed it :(

    ReplyDelete