Saturday, November 13, 2010

Conspiracy

The other day, I went shopping at the mall. When I went to leave, my car wasn't there. I walked up and down several rows in the parking lot to no avail. I repeated the process--no car. So there I stood. Who moved my car? Did someone steal it? As people were coming and going, I felt like I needed to explain myself so they wouldn't think I was some lunatic waiting to prey on them. Did I really enter through the same door I always do? Yes, I was certain. As I was about to call the police to report a stolen vehicle, I spotted it. My car was in a totally different place than where I had parked it. I NEVER park in that area. I've come to the conclusion that there is a conspiracy out there targeting only the middle-aged and older population. (You never hear of this happening to the younger crowd.) They move our cars while we're shopping to make us feel like we're losing our minds. It's working.

1 comment: