Monday, August 9, 2010

Joy of Summer

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to go for a walk after dinner with my husband. We usually walk down to Lake Harbor Park and stroll down the old road along Mona Lake. We sit down on one of the benches (we have our favorite) for a while and watch the activity.

Last week, a bird repeatedly circled in the air and then dove from about twenty feet up into the water. He didn't seem to catch anything, hence, the reason he probably kept doing it.
There are usually people fishing amongst the walkers, bikers, and runners. When the weather is warm, there are lots of boats, jet skis, and kayaks on the water. If we have time, we take the woodsy path out to Lake Michigan and walk along the beach. It's about 3-5 miles round-trip. (Of course, I wear my handy pedometer.) As the days are getting shorter, I'm trying to savor it. If only I could stop the clock for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment